Friday, August 3, 2012

Monthly favorite products and reviews

Monthly favorite products
























Last month was, for most part, very hot and humid. It is well known that during the summer months less is more. So, I kept my makeup routine very simple and easy.

For foundation I used Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup. This product claims to be ultra light, ultra breathable and oil free. The description also says that it won't clog pores and that it evens out skin tone. I have to confess that I am in the "trying " process with this product. Even though I bought it on March, I was waiting for the hotter months to try it on, so I will have a better review of it.
I agree that this foundation is ultra light, ultra breathable and oil free. It does not feel heavy on the skin and it does not clog your pores. I have oily/combination skin and I am still on the fence about how well this product controls oil. A funny fact for me is that before you apply this product, you have to shake it 10 times, in order to get a "perfectly blended make up" The formula does have a subtle distinctive smell, but it is not offensive at all. It applies easy and also it blends easy onto the skin and a little of product goes a long way. I found that I prefer to apply it with my fingers than with a foundation brush. 
Now, this is a lite formula, so it won't cover major imperfections, like redness, dark spots or dark circles. I don't think that this formula does a good job with even out skin tone. I would like it to have more coverage power. Also, it is really liquid (pay attention to the word "Fluid" on its name) so, be careful when taking the product out before applying. Also, I don't like that it does not have SPF, a major deal for me. 
Overall, if you are like me, that you have to wear foundation no matter what, this is a good product to use and if you are blessed with a flawless skin, this will look perfect on you.

I have always found it difficult to apply bronzer. I remember once a co-worker asked me what had happened to me because my face looked like if I had sleep on a  tan machine the night before. I was so mortify that I swear to not to wear bronzer ever again. Why for? I have a medium complexion so I have a natural tan.
Well, last year when I saw my best friend, she told me that I looked really pale. So, I realized that living in New York and being exposed to the winter months has made me lose some of my natural tan. Then, watching at so many YouTube videos, where every single makeup guru apply bronzer to their faces convinced me of giving it a second change. But, this time I took baby steps and prepared myself f with the right tools. I got a Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer. This is a non-shimmery bronzer that I apply lightly with an angle brush on the hollows of my cheeks, on my temples and in my jaw line to contour my face. I follow the tips offer by  Lisa Eldridge on her beauty videos. She is so amazing and so gorgeous. And so far, I haven't gotten any questions about my "tanning"

This product started to grow on me recently and  I haven't stop wearing it. I like the glow and brightness that it gives to my face. Every time I look at myself in the mirror I love how youthful and happy my face looks. The shimmer is subtle and I wear it during the day at the office and it looks natural (well, nobody has asked me why my face looks like a disco ball, so....) I'd like to apply it on top of my cheek bones, on my cupid's bow, on the inner corners of my eyes and on my brow bones. I love it. I have forgotten that this product is reportedly "infused with natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress"  I don't know if this is true or not, but I do know that it makes me happy to see my face with this nice shimmer.

I have thin lashes and I need a good coat of mascara to look awake. Mascara is something that I cannot live without and when I don't wear mascara I feel incomplete.  My mom bought me this Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara which I have to say is not the greatest, but I've been wearing it anyways. The formula of this mascara is a little wet, meaning that building it into the lashes can be a challenge. I usually curl my lashes and then apply mascara. But, this mascara makes the lashes to stick together, creating that horrible look of spider lashes. Another problem with this  product is that the brush is too big. I have to apply three coats of mascara to give a full, lifted look to my lashes. But I also have a secret: I do the business card trick. First, I curl my lashes and then I place a business card on top of my eyelids and very close to my lash line, pressing my lashes against the card before applying the first coat of mascara. This helps the brush to work the roots of the lashes and to get every single eyelash. I let the first coat dry and then I apply the second one repeating the same process with the business card,  until I get the length and separation that I want on my lashes. This trick helps to avoid getting wet mascara on your eyelids and to build and separate the lashes while applying it. This mascara removes easily with eye makeup remover and it does help to grow your lashes. I have seen a little improvement on my lashes, they look longer and fuller, but not too long or too full to skip wearing mascara.

Finally, I have kept my little pout moisturized with Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm. I love how hydrated my lips feels while wearing this balm and I also like that it is tinted so I don't need to apply lipstick. 

These are the products that I reached out the most last month. Some of them I really like, and some of them not so much. And the debate continues.
Have you try any of these products recently or in the past and what do you think about them? What were your favorites of July? Please do share ;)

Hasta pronto.



1 comment:

  1. hey! how are you? long time no visit, right? hope you're having a great summer... :) i love estee lauder prodcuts and am always looking for a good foundation. estee lauder fluids so far for me has failed me, since the coverage seems to be not very good... and it always feel cake-y to me... it's great that this one is light... i have to try it based on your review. :)

    hope you' have a great wknd!


    jasmine
    ADAM ❤ ALEX Mommy

    ReplyDelete