Sunday, July 24, 2011

Essentials for Summer Makeup

Hello Lovely Ladies. How are you enjoying your summer? Temperatures have been crazy all over the country and New York City is not the exception. But as everyone knows, new yorkers love the summer and everyone wants to make the best out of it. For us ladies, flawless looking skin is a must all year round, but during the summer this could be a challenge. That is why I have put together few suggestions that can help you keep your makeup looking fabulous and to last long.
 Aveeno Face SPF 70 
Apply SPF all over your face and neck to protect your skin from sun damage. Aveeno Face SPF 70 is a medium light formula that glides easily and does not feel heavy on your skin. You can find it at any local drug store near you.


Prepare your skin for a long lasting wear of your makeup by applying a primer. I am totally in love with Korres Antiageing Primer. This product will smooth out fine lines and minimize the appearance of open pores on your skin creating a youthful surface prior to applying makeup.

I also like Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer as an alternative because it is inexpensive and also work wonders. Buy it at any local drugstore.


 Bare Escentuals Prime Time Eyelid Primer
My favorite makeup savior is this eyelid primer. I love it! Apply this all over your eyelids before putting on your eyeshadows and eyeliners and your eye-makeup will look flawless all day long. I promise you that this is the best product to fight the heat of the summer and preserve the alluring of your eye-makeup. I have tried many eyelid primers and nothing holds better that this one from bareMinerals it is worth it.


I avoid wearing foundation during the summer, so my face does not feel heavy and does not look cakey under the sun. I like to apply Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder with a powder brush or a kabuki brush for a matte airbrush finish using circular motions. Of course you will have to re-touch your face during the day, but using this powder you will do it with less frequency than if you use a regular press powder, guaranteed. Visit your local drugstore to find your shade.
                                       
One of my major problems while applying makeup is covering my dark circles. I have tried many under eye concealers and none had really standout like BareMinerals Multi-tasking SPF 20 Concealer. I prefer to apply a minimal amount of this product with a makeup sponge and just dab it all over my dark circles. You can apply it with a concealer brush if you prefer. Just keep in mind to use a little of this product to ensure a smooth application and not to accentuate fine lines under your eyes. This product is available at Sephora where you can look for your perfect shade. Another suggestion when buying any concealer is to buy a concealer one or two shades darker than your natural skin color. It is a myth that you have to buy a lighter concealer to cover your dark circles. This will just make you look older and to accentuate the undesirable dark circles.


Finally, when I finish putting the rest of my makeup I apply ELF High Definition Powder all over my face using the applicator that come with it. This powder is a very light powder that finishes the job by setting up your makeup and adding a youthful glow to your face.



Oil Absorbing Sheets from Johnson and Johnson. These sheets absorb all the oil from your face without washing off your makeup and are excellent to clean your face before and between touch-ups. I always carry them on my purse. Available at any drugstore.

Alright lovely ladies, I hope that you find these suggestions helpful and please let me know what you think of this products if you are already using them or if you start using them after reading this post, please also let me know what your opinions are.
Remember to drink a lot of water to keep your skin hydrated and do not forget to wear SPF.


Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment